B12 Injections Course
Our aim in providing this training course is to set the gold standard in training for non-medics. We train all our delegates to a high standard that will develop their skills, knowledge, and competence in becoming confident practitioners within a realistic learning environment following all legislations relating to the cosmetic industry.
Time: 10am to 4pm Practical Assessment Day – ONLINE AVAIABLE FOR MEDICS
- Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Pre study course work – completed at home over 2 weeks.
- Complete case studies on all the required ranges with photographic evidence to gain full certification.
- Equipment and products required –will be provided on day of practical.
- Preparation of workstation for treatments -PPE – COVID-19 Regulations
- Consultation and treatment plans for B12 injections will be provided.
- Injecting technique
- Related human anatomy relating to Deltoid Muscle – step by step demonstrations.
- Benefits of all B12 injection
- Basic Life support and anaphylaxis – complications
- Contraindications/adverse effects
- Aftercare advice
- Written assessment/ practical assessments with constructive feedback.
- Portfolio set up / case study layout.
- Business set up / product ordering.
Course comprises of theory and practical tuition carried out at either the Academy or your workplace with assignments completed as home study.
Candidates wishing to achieve this qualification will need to build a portfolio of evidence containing written, practical assessments, assignments, workbooks & all other relevant underpinning knowledge, and written paper to be submitted on set dates.
Day 1 – Pre study & Assignment total of 5 GLH
Introduction to course work health and safety, setting up work area, contra-indications, consultation and practical skills on full treatment, post treatment advice and contra-actions
Day 2: Tutor Support and tutorials
Review of skills development Through assignment Work and completion of pre study, tutor will complete constructive feedback on assignment work and once competent with all theory and course work Practical Assessment day will be arranged – all course work will need to be completed and marked before conducting any Practical Course work
Final written exam
Day 3 – Practical Assessment Day to conduct all ranges 10am till 4Pm.
Completed portfolio with photographic evidence.
Level 3 in Beauty Therapy or Degree level required.