Diploma In Stone Therapy Massage
Time: 25. GLH Online and in-house
Course comprises of theory and practical tuition carried out at either the Academy or your workplace with assignments completed as home study.
These are heated smooth, flat stones which are placed on key points on the body. The stones are held and used to massage certain areas of the body. Stones are immersed in water and heated in an electric heating device until they are within a certain temperature range. They may be placed at specific points on the back, in the palms of the hand, or between the toes. The heat warms and relaxes the muscles, improves circulation and calms the nervous system. These stones can be placed on points that are thought to be energy centers of the body to rebalance the body and mind.
- Health, hygiene, safety & legislation
- Preparation of therapist, tools, work area and client
- Consultation/record cards / History
- Contra-indications and contra-actions / Aftercare advice
- Benefits of Hot and Cold Stones
- Theory of anatomy & physiology: muscles, skin, etc
- Physical and psychological effects
- Adaptation of massage movements, working with different mediums.
- Step-by-step guide to massage movements
- Written assessment / Practical assessment
- Guidance on portfolio building if needed.
- Workbooks are completed as self study at home to reinforce learning.
Practical Skills on Stone Therapy: Introduction to course work health and safety, setting up work area, contra-indications, consultation and practical skills on full treatment, post treatment advice and contra-actions
Review of skills development through practical observation/formative assessment and summative
Final written exam.
Copyright 2001 NBTA