VTCT Level 4 Certificate In Enhancing Eyebrows With Microblading Techniques
VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Enhancing Eyebrows with Microblading Techniques
Course fees £2050.00
£350.00 starter kits – offers 12 client treatments
Registration Fee £150.00
Time: 10am to 4pm
Please inform us if you are already registered with VTCT when applying for a course. We will require confirmation of your candidate registration number.
Course comprises of theory and practical tuition carried out at the Academy you are required to complete case studies and assignments relating to all units.
Our level 4 VTCT microblading training course will give you the confidence to create natural-looking eyebrows with a long-lasting treatment. You will create individual brow hairs, by hand, using a microblade tool made up of tiny needles. These create channel pigments into the dermal layer of the skin to make the very finest of ‘hair’ strokes. Each stroke follows the natural length and direction of the eyebrows.
- Health, hygiene, safety & legislation
- Preparation of therapist, tools, work area and client
- Consultation/record cards / skin analysis / client care
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Benefits & effects of laser hair removal
- Theory of anatomy & physiology: Fitzpatrick skin scale
- Microblading knowledge and understanding.
- Practical tuition for Microblading as per VTCT Guidelines
- Post & future treatment advice and recommendation, physiology effects
- Step-by-step guide to preparing the brow
- Step by step guide to application of strokes
- 10 Case studies with photographic evidence if required
- Written assessment / Practical assessment
- Final assignment/Assessment
- Guidance on portfolio building
- Workbooks are completed as self study at home to reinforce learning
Candidates wishing to achieve this qualification will need to build a portfolio of evidence containing written, practical assessments, assignments, workbooks & all other relevant underpinning knowledge, and written exam paper to be submitted to awarding body.
Prerequisite – Level 3 Beauty Therapy or level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
week 1 & 2 – Practical skills for Microblading Introduction to course work health and safety, setting up work area, contra-indications, consultation and practical skills on full treatment, post treatment advice and contra-actions , all unit criteria
week 3 & 4 Review of skills development through practical observation/formative assessment, action planning and theory individual portfolio building throughout the course all ranges must be completed at formative stage
On completion of self study work books & case studies etc. students will return to the centre for practical and written assessments/exams and submission of portfolio.
Week 5 – Summative/final practical and written exams/assessments
Week 6 – Summative/final practical and written exams/assessments
Week 7 Summative/final practical and written exams/assessments
Total GLH 165
- Tuition with tutor class / skype / tutorials 30 hours
- Practical assessments and demonstrations 40 hours
- Final written exam self-revision 30 hours
- Portfolio submission 10 hours
- Self-directive study 10 hours
- Course Assignment Level 4 Standard 20 hours
- Completed portfolio with photographic evidence 25 hours
Internal /external verification availability
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they have completed all assessments attend all summative days complete all learning guided hours to enable them to complete the qualification.
Please note this course has been devised to suit your individual needs and is a fast-track intensive level 4 certificates so you are required to complete all work at a high standard.
Tutor Pam Daman