Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Diploma
Time: 10am to 4pm Total GLH 85
Course comprises of theory and practical tuition carried out at the Academy you are required to complete case studies and assignments relating to all units.
Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments is a course that has been specifically designed to develop your practical beauty therapy skills such as face and body electrotherapy and body massage.
Provide electrical epilation.
- Health, hygiene, safety & legislation
- Preparation of therapist, tools, work area and client
- Consultation/record cards / skin analysis / client care
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Benefits and effects of Electrical treatments, Theory of anatomy & physiology,
- knowledge and understanding.
- Practical tuition for all level 3 Facial treatments
- Post & future treatment advice and recommendation, physiology effects
- Step-by-step guide to preparing for all electrical beauty treatments and massage.
- Step by step guide to electrical body and face treatments including skin rejuvenation.
- Case studies on massage, client care and health and safety within the industry.
- Written assessment / Practical assessment
- Final assignment/assessment
- Guidance on portfolio building
- Workbooks are completed as self study at home to reinforce learning.
Candidates wishing to achieve this qualification will need to build a portfolio of evidence containing written, practical assessments, assignments, workbooks & all other relevant underpinning knowledge, and written exam paper to be submitted to awarding body.
Prerequisite – Level 2 Beauty Therapy or level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
week 1 & 2 – Practical techniques and skills for electrical body treatments – Introduction to course work health and safety, setting up work area, contra-indications, consultation and practical skills on full treatment, post treatment advice and contra-actions, all unit criteria
week 3 & 4. Pick your Optional units of skills development through practical observation/formative assessment, action planning and theory individual portfolio building throughout the course all
ranges must be completed at formative stage
On completion of self-study workbooks & case studies etc. students will return to the centre for practical and written assessments/exams and submission of portfolio.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they have completed all assessments attend all summative days complete all learning guided hours to enable them to complete the qualification.
Please note this course has been devised to suit your individual needs and is a fast-track intensive level 3 certificates so you are required to complete all work at a high standard.
I agree to all information stated …………………………………………………..
Tutor Pam Daman