Level 3 Diploma In Reflexology
Time: 10am to 4pm
Course comprises of theory and practical tuition carried out at either the Academy or your workplace with assignments completed as home study.
Reflexology is based on the principle of reflex points on the feet that correspond to every organ, gland and part of the body. The reflexes on our feet and hands act as mirror images of the body. For example, the toes represent the head and the ball of the foot represents the chest and lung region. Mental and physical tension is released, a state of relaxation is induced and energy and vitality abound. The healing art of reflexology brings about the restoration of harmony and optimum health.
- Health, hygiene, safety & legislation
- Preparation of therapist, tools, work area and client
- Consultation/record cards
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- History and Benefits of Reflexology
- Theory of anatomy & physiology: feet
- Physical effects
- Basic knowledge of common aliments/illnesses
- Case studies
- Step-by-step guide of massage to the foot
- Application of pressure movements to specific points of the feet
- Aftercare advice
- Written assessment / Practical assessment
- Guidance on portfolio building
- Workbooks are completed as self study at home to reinforce learning
Candidates wishing to achieve this qualification will need to build a portfolio of evidence containing written, practical assessments, assignments.
Day 1 – Practical Skills on Reflexology Introduction to course work health and safety, setting up work area, contra-indications, consultation and practical skills on full reflexology treatments. Theories and concepts of the zones on the feet, post treatment advice and contra-actions
Review of skills development through practical observation/formative assessment, action planning and theory individual portfolio building throughout the course all ranges must be completed at formative stage.
Day 2 – Summative/final practical and written exams/assessments
On completion of self study work books & case studies etc. students will return for practical and written assessments/exams and submission of portfolio.
Copyright 2001 NBTA