Ear Piercing Treatment
Award in Ear Piercing
Time: online assignment 3 hours and 2 hour practical assessment
Course comprises of theory and practical tuition carried out at either the Academy or your workplace with assignments completed as home study.
- Health & Safety
- Hygiene notification to local council.
- Equipment and products.
- Consultation and treatment plans.
- Preparation of room trolley and client care.
- Benefits of Ear Piercing.
- Anatomy & physiology: ear.
- Step-by-step guide of Ear Piercing.
- Contra-indications and contra-actions.
- Aftercare advice.
- Written assessment.
- Practical assessment / Model required over 18.
Day 1 Practical Skills on step by step guide to Ear Piercing: Introduction to course work health and safety, setting up work area, contra-indications, consultation and practical anatomy and physiology.
Setting up work area
Review of skills development through practical observation/formative assessment, action planning and theory individual portfolio building throughout the course all ranges must be completed
Summative/final practical and written exams/assessments
Final written exam
*Copyright 2001 NBTA